The Power of Reframing Your Thoughts To Be Happier
How to reframe your thoughts and be happier
We all sometimes feel like things just aren’t going right for us. There are people or things in our life that are stopping us from being happy and achieving the life that we want. But, luckily, you have a lot more power than you think. In this program you are going to learn to take back power over your thoughts & train your thoughts to be helpful to your life. Below is an example of the difference between untrained and trained thinking.
Example – with untrained thinking
1. What happens – You contributed in a meeting at work. Your boss says, ‘anyone else’? Someone else contributes and he runs with their suggestion. (imagine this happens at least once per week)
2. The thought / meaning attached – Your boss thinks your ideas are bad and other people are better at your job than you are.
3. The emotions associated – You feel less capable at work. You don’t like your boss.
4. The result – You moan about your boss to your friends, you stop contributing in meetings and you become more distant with your boss and work colleagues. Eventually your boss fires you, giving your lack of participation and integration as the reason.
Example – with trained thinking
1. What happens – You contribute in a meeting at work. Your boss says, ‘anyone else’? Someone else contributes and he runs with their suggestion. (imagine this happens at least once per week)
2. The thought / meaning attached – Your boss believes in you and knows you can do better. He/She is pushing you to up your game.
3. The emotions associated – You feel inspired to push yourself and up your game. You feel grateful to your boss who is helping you reach your full potential.
4. The result – You read a book on how to get your point across. You spend an extra hour each week thinking of clever suggestions for your weekly meeting. You invite your boss for dinner. Your contributions in meetings improve. You get promoted 6 months later. Your boss cites your contribution in meetings and key standing in the team as the reasons.
In this course we will be training you to produce results like the 2nd example in every aspect of your life. Please start by reading Tony Robbins blog on this topic (see link below). When he talks about meaning, this is the same as what we call thoughts. We will use both terms in this course. https://www.tonyrobbins.com/why-meaning-is-everything/
So… You’re probably wondering. How can I get the most out of this part of the course: Level 1 – The Power of Reframing?
The answer is… Share as many voice notes as you can. You’ll get instructions each day for mental health workouts that involve talking and leaving voice note. Do as many of these as you can and you’ll quickly identify the thoughts/meaning you are creating and learn to reframe it.
If you liked this article and would want to read more check out: The Reframing Game (Inspired By Tony Robbins)