Our aim is to educate young people how to live lives they love, by teaching them the mindsets and habits that enable them to deal with the pressure and anxiety of growing up.
The current generation have more exposure and pressure than ever before. It’s taking it’s toll as we see worrying mental health stories popping up in universities throughout the UK.
We wish that we’d been taught how to
- deal with exam pressure,
- live away from home for the first time
- make new friends
- deal with the pressure of social media and over exposure
… so we’ve decided to do something about it.
What we do?
The Smile Tribe runs workshops with schools and universities to encourage young people to talk about the problems that they face so that they realise they are not alone.
My mental health was at its worse during university. One of my main problems was that I didn’t know what was happening, I just thought I was weird for not being able to cope. I’d try and hide my anxiety because I didn’t want my friends to think I was weak. It took me 4 years to talk about it with anyone and by then it had become much worse – I was having 4 panic attacks a day. I wish someone had told me I was having anxiety and the steps I know now to deal with it – Smile Tribe Founder, George Adolphus
Our workshops :
- create discussions around the topics identified above.
- we discuss the benefits of building a lifestyle with habits that increase happiness, connection and success, and why it is so beneficial to put these behaviours into action at such a young age.
- we outline the key habits of some of the worlds happiest, connected and successful people, so that people can make those changes.
We want to live in a world where the next generation are dealing with life powerfully and able to deal with the pressures they are under. So many mental health issues can be prevented by teaching people the habits and tools for mental resilience.
Learning tools for mental resilience and habits to live a life I love have done so much more than cure my anxiety. They’ve improved my relationships, my business, my family life, my energy levels, my confidence, my peace of mind. I want everyone to have the tool kit that I have – George Adolphus